Carriage / Delivery Services
- Postal delivery of small orders
- Next Working Day, and 1-3 working day parcel deliveries by Courier or up to 5 working day service via Royal Mail Standard Parcel Service
- Same Working Day Courier service for urgent deliveries
- International Deliveries via Courier and Airmail
- Collection from our premises
All carriage charges will be agreed with the customer for each individual order if they differ from the standard published charges. Any carriage charge made is a contribution towards the total costs of shipping, packing and handling and is referred to simply as ‘Carriage’ throughout the site. A Carriage Calculator is provided online for your convenience when you reach the checkout, so you will always know the cost before you commit to the order.
Stock Items can normally be despatched the same day for orders received by 2:00 p.m. Non Stock items that are normally available to us next working day must be ordered by 2:00 p.m. in order to be certain that we can receive them in time. We will quote estimated delivery dates for Non Stock items when accepting an order.
We will make every effort to expedite orders received outside these deadlines the same day, but cannot guarantee to succeed. Customers will of course be given advice on estimated despatch and delivery times when orders are placed, and confirmation of shipping will be despatched if an email address is provided by the customer.
Standard carriage will use the most appropriate method for the size, weight, and mass of the order. This may be letter post, parcel post, or a courier delivery, and for very large orders a pallet service. The choice of service will be made by Leads Direct only.
If a customer wishes to choose the service used they can do so either by instructing our staff by telephone or by entering the request on the form when placing the order. If for any reason we are unable to use the requested service we will contact you for instructions. Obviously if the customer is unavailable shipping will be delayed until we have received instructions. Please note that if the cost of shipping the product by your choice of service is higher than the cost of the service that would normally have been used then a surcharge may be payable to offset those additional costs.
Customers may use their own carrier account if they wish. Leads Direct staff will liaise with the customer’s Courier company to arrange the collection and delivery as long as we are provided with the necessary details and authorisation. There is no charge made by Leads Direct for this service, but of course your own carrier will charge you in accordance with your contract for the service they provide.
Carriage charges are based on the total weight of the order and are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
Important Note: All types of delivery refer to the service used, not to the date or time when the goods will be received. For example, a next working day delivery will be shipped by a next working day service and should arrive the next working day after shipment. The goods may not necessarily ship the same day as the order is placed if the order is received after 2:00 pm, if goods are not delivered to us in time to ship, if the products have to be manufactured for you, or due to other circumstances beyond our control.
Highlands and Islands, International and other addresses may be subject to a surcharge and a quotation will be given on request.
Please note the following important points relating to UK Mainland deliveries via our main courier City Link.:
- It is vital to ensure that someone is available to sign for the goods at the address you give when placing your order between the hours of 7:00 am and 5:30 pm on the day of delivery. You will be advised when to expect delivery.
- If a delivery fails because there is nobody to sign for the parcel, a card should be left with a contact number so that you can book an alternative delivery, or if you prefer arrange to visit your local branch to collect the parcel. If you do not contact the courier the same day a second delivery attempt will normally be made free of charge on the following business day.
- Each delivery attempt after the second will attract a further charge of £3.00 +VAT.
- If you do not make suitable arrangements with the carrier by the fifth working day and the goods are still undelivered they will be returned to us incurring an additional charge of £4.50+VAT (up to 5kg) or £6.50+VAT (up to 10kg). Heavier shipments incur higher charges.
- A further carriage charge is payable if you then want the goods shipped back out to you.
- Any additional charges incurred by us as a result will be charged to your account automatically.
If you should have any queries on carriage costs please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 08448 155 955 (Lo-call local rate. multiple lines) to speak to a sales professional.