The links below point to online resources that can provide further information or guidance on recognised standards for products, procedures, and methodologies used in the UK, the EU, and the rest of the world:
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI) – A premier source for timely, relevant, actionable information on national, regional, international standards and conformity assessment issues.
- International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) – a not-for-profit, non-governmental international standards organization that prepares and publishes International Standards for all electrical, electronic and related technologies
- European Committee for Electro Technical Standardization (CENELEC) – a non-profit technical organization set up under Belgian law and composed of the National Electrotechnical Committees of 30 European countries. In addition, 8 National Committees from neighbouring countries are participating in CENELEC work with an Affiliate status..
- International Standards Organization, responsible for the ISO 9000 and other international quality standards.
- BSI British Standards is the National Standards Body of the UK, with a globally recognized reputation for independence, integrity and innovation in the production of standards that promote best practice. It develops and sells standards and standardization solutions to meet the needs of business and society.
- IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.) – the world’s leading professional association for the advancement of technology.
- DIN (Deutsches Institut Fűr Normung e.V.) The German Institute for Standardization, develops norms and standards as a service to industry, the state and society as a whole.
- UL Standards (US electrical standards)
Please notify us of any broken links or any additional resources that we should be linking to… it is important to keep this resource current and accurate for the benefit of all.
If you can’t find what you are looking for, call 0345 193 0615 (Lo-call local rate. multiple lines) – if you have a ‘free calls’ deal that needs an STD number try 01273 510147, single line only, visit the Help Desk or email us for advice and assistance with any cabling requirements.
Leads Direct makes great efforts to provide accurate and complete information. However, portions of the information contained in this website and any documents viewed on it or downloaded from it may be incorrect or not current. Any errors or omissions should be reported for investigation and correction. The information provided in any documents whether on our website or otherwise is provided "as is." No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed, or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and freedom from computer virus, is given.